Monday 9 May 2011

Never, Never GIVE UP!

Never, Never GIVE UP!



Dave Magrogan 


"To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream; not only plan but also believe." -Anatole France


I recently went to my high school reunion. It was great to see so many people and hear about their lives. Success comes in so many varieties. It was inspiring to hear some people living the lives of their dreams and see some people that were truly happy in their lives.


I was approached by so many old classmates who said they were proud of my business success, had seen me on TV, heard me on radio, read my book, or eaten at my restaurants. So many nice people came up to congratulate me and also to thank me for inspiring them and for giving back to my community. Many of my classmates remember me growing up lower middle class in a basement apartment and not having many opportunities in life. It felt really nice to hear genuine heartfelt positive comments from so many old friends who were inspired by success.


"Do what you can, with what you have, right where you are." -Theodore Roosevelt


What else I realized as a result of the reunion is that people remembered my successes and not my failures. The same is true of you. I have had many failures in my life and I will have many more. What inspires people is when you have the ability to get back up when you get knocked down, especially when you get knocked down really hard. One classmate commented that he used to love to eat at a restaurant I closed two years ago and was sorry it failed. I said I was sorry he didn't eat there more often! We both laughed and it put it all in perspective. 

If you can look at your failures, learn from them, be humble from them, and also even be able to laugh at yourself, that is success. Success is really moving from failures and setbacks towards your goals without losing your passion, enthusiasm, and momentum. If I want to be one of the most successful people in my field, then I will need to accept failures and I will need to fail more often. The same is true of YOU! If you are sitting on the bench right now, not getting into life, and not living your dreams, what are you scared of? Are you scared you are going to fail? Well you ALREADY are failing by not trying. 


"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Thomas Edison


Going to a class reunion makes you realize how fast five, ten or even twenty years can go by. What did you think you were going to do in 10 years? Are you doing it? Are you living your dreams or are you sitting on the sidelines scared of what might go wrong or what people might think? Well, knock it off and get into the game! This is your life! Time passes by quickly, and only you can make your dreams happen. Nobody is going to do it for you. You need to lose the fear and start charging!


"Ninety nine percent of failures come from the people who have the habit of making excuses." -George Washington Carver


When you determine you have a passionate dream or goal, you need to make the firm decision in advance that you will never ever give up. Success is achieved through persistence, conviction and dedication to your dream. Never quit. Hang in there during the difficult times and eventually you will be successful.


You must have the courage to stay the course when things look their worst. It is then that you will overcome the most difficult obstacles. The more determined you are and the more persistent you are, the stronger your Rhino charge will be and nothing will stop you from reaching your goal. 


Don't let life pass you by. This is your life. Live your dreams and goals, and charge towards your goals everyday.


Post this poem on persistence on your office wall, your dorm room, or your refrigerator. It will keep you charging!


Don't Quit!
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
For life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns, 
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won if he'd stuck it out.
Success is just failure turned inside out, 
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are, 
It may be near when it seems so far.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that YOU MUST NOT QUIT!
-Anonymous


Dave Magrogan is the CEO of Kildare's Irish Pubs, Doc Magrogan's Oyster House, Two Men and a Truck Moving Company, and Rhino Living Consulting and Training Group. By clearing the mental clutter, using his subconscious mind, applying the "Laws of the Jungle" and setting big, audacious "Rhino" goals, he has built a 20 million dollar empire in just a few short years! Visit the Rhino Living web page at http://www.rhinoliving.com to find out how Rhino Living can help you!


Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Never,-Never-GIVE-UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment